Licenses to our products are provided a bit differently depending on whether you purchased a full version or an upgrade.
Upgrade license for soothe2
If you’ve bought an upgrade license for soothe2, the license has been automatically deployed to your iLok account which you provided to us when purchasing!
You’ll find your upgrade license in the iLok License Manager, ready to be activated onto your preferred location. Once the activation process is complete, go ahead and download soothe2!
Full licenses for soothe2, soothe & spiff
Full licenses for soothe2, soothe and spiff are delivered as a license key, also known as an Activation code.
We recommend that you activate your license in the iLok License Manager before installing your product. In the past we’ve experienced that some DAWs react unfriendly to plug-ins without licenses and instantly Blacklist them, even before the activation process (method 2) is allowed to begin.
Method 1: From iLok License Manager
If you prefer, or your production system is offline, the same steps can be performed in iLok License Manager instead on another computer with online access. Launch the iLok License Manager, log in and select Licenses -> Redeem Activation Code. Sometimes using the iLok License Manager is the only way, since your DAW might think that you’re using unauthorised software and will automatically blacklist the plug-in before even allowing the activation process to begin.
After activation, the license can be moved freely between destinations (your account, host computer and iLok 2 / 3). This is done from iLok License Manager.
Method 2: When launching the plugin for the first time
First, install the plug-in and make sure you are running an up-to-date version of the free iLok License Manager software (download link).
Be sure to download the latest version of soothe. Legacy versions 1.1.4 and below will not support the iLok license you have purchased.
After that, launch your DAW. When opening or scanning the plug-in for the first time, a pop-up window with text “activation is required” will open.
- Click on the Activate button and enter your activation code in the Activation Code Entry dialog. Copy-paste works here. After you have entered the code, click Next.
- You will be asked for your iLok user ID and password. Enter them and click Next.
- You will be asked to select the activation location. Choose the host computer or iLok. Please note that iLok(s) appear here only if they are connected and associated to your account).
- After selecting the desired location, click Next.
- If the activation was successful, a success dialog appears. Click Continue and you’re good to go!
But where do I download the plug-in from?
Right from our website! Please head to our downloads page to get any plug-in you need!